Spanish Style Mussels
Serves 2 These are best served with some nice crusty bread for dipping.
- 2 ½ lbs. Cultivated Mussels (ex. Prince Edward Island). Cleaned
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 link Spanish chorizo diced
- ½ Cup White Wine
- ¼ cup Chicken Stock
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 plum tomatoes chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Clean mussels in cool water and remove any beards that are attached.
- In a large sauté pan heat oil on med high heat.
- Add garlic and cook until light brown, then add chorizo.
- When chorizo has a bit of color add the mussels, wine, stock salt and pepper.
- Cover and steam mussels until they have popped opened.
- Discard any mussels that do not open during cooking.
- Remove mussels to a large serving bowl.
- Bring pan juices to a boil and add the lime juice, chopped tomato and cilantro.
- Pour over the mussels and serve.